Da lish Cosmetics: Lipsticks, Glosses, Lip/Cheek Balms
Being in the beauty business, I have a serious amount of makeup in rotation. My makeup and skincare collection probably amounts to the GDP of a small country (“it’s an investment!” as I always say…) But on most days I use only a fraction of my products. Who wants to fuss with piles of brushes and rainbow-colored palettes when there’s work to do, children to raise, and a dozen other tasks on my to-do list?
Which is why I became hooked on da lish’s products as soon as I started using them. I met Melanie Cruickshank, founder of da lish, during a green beauty event I hosted at Soho House. We met up for coffee soon after and ended up talking for five hours straight (that’s what happens when two women who live and breathe cosmetics get together). Since then, da lish has become part of my everyday makeup routine. Each da lish product comes in either a tube or a pot and can be applied with just your fingers - an example of how the brand strives to be uncomplicated and inspired by real life.
This real, modern approach to beauty is why da lish is often called “the Glossier of green beauty” (Glossier is the cool girl beauty brand started by Into the Gloss founder Emily Weiss).
Da lish Matte Collection Lipsticks
- Full coverage, richly pigmented color that lasts all day.
- The only matte lipstick I’ve used that doesn’t dry out my lips and actually keeps them hydrated.
- Five tightly edited shades = all the colors a woman ever needs:
Above (from left to right): Barbie Pink, Nude + Soft Coral.
Fun fact: to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday on July 1, 2017, da lish created a red lipstick that matches the shade of the Canadian flag, called ‘da lish / 150’.
Da lish Lip Glosses
- Semi sheer, fully pigmented glosses that are neither sticky nor shimmery (phew!).
- The finish is halfway between a lipstick and a gloss, and lasts much longer than most lip glosses.
- Each shade matches a shade in the Matte Collection lipsticks, so you can easily add glossy dimension to any of the lipsticks.
- Five shades that are pretty much all the colors you’ll ever need in a gloss:
Above: Dark Berry and Light Peach.
Da lish Lip/Cheek Balms
- Richly pigmented balms that last all day, even through sweaty workouts (I tested them out for you!).
- Apply sheer for a natural glow, or build up for more intense color.
- Crushed pearl pigments give lips and cheeks a glow without a hint of shimmer.
- Each shade (except for Bronzer) matches a shade in the Matte Collection Lipsticks and Lip Glosses, making it easy to create a monochromatic look.
- Five universally flattering shades in total: