The Natural Aromatherapy That Helps My Kids Fall Asleep
Summer’s longer days and easygoing schedule mean kids go to bed later. Which can be a refreshing break….until they need to start waking up earlier for school. The first few weeks of school are difficult as we transition to earlier bedtimes, and my kids and I have many bleary-eyed mornings and wide awake nights along the way.
Eventually they adjust, but one thing that helps my kids fall asleep more easily is a scented mist I spray after tucking them into bed. I’ve tried a few different ones over the years, but their favorite is Before Bed Spray by Graydon Clinical Luxury.
What Is It?
- A calming mist scented with lavender and blood orange, that also contains safe anti-microbial ingredients (hydrogen peroxide and ethanol).
- The aroma is relaxing and soothing, and it has the added benefit of minimizing microbes in linens, pillows, mattresses and anywhere else you spray it. My kids call it their “sleepy spray”.
Why I Love the Ingredients
- Graydon Clinical Luxury is part of a small group of brands which are EWG VERIFIED™ members. This means that Graydon’s products meet the standards developed by the EWG’s years of expert research, collectively recognized as the gold standard in the health and wellness space.*
- Small-batch manufacturing that uses plant-powered ingredients sourced in Canada.
- The list of ingredients is short and pronounceable: purified water, hydrogen peroxide, ethyl alcohol, castor vegetable wax, Spanish lavender, and Sicilian blood orange. That's it!
How I Use It
I spray it on my kids’ pillows, any stuffed animals and little blankets they sleep with, and anywhere else on and around their beds that they request it. Before Bed Spray’s calming aroma creates a sleep-friendly environment, and the act of spraying it also symbolizes to them that it’s time to fall asleep.
Grown-ups can obviously use it too, and I certainly do. I need all the help I can get adjusting back to the morning drop-off routine!
*EWG VERIFIED™ takes the Skin Deep® rating system one step further – by also asking companies to submit significantly more detailed information to help confirm that companies are making full disclosure to their consumers, that their products are adequately preserved and free of contaminants, and that manufacturing processes meet EWG's rigorous criteria. Before a company is allowed to use the EWG VERIFIED™ mark, it must meet all of EWG's criteria and provide additional information not found on the label – an effort to drive the market toward greater transparency. For more information about the EWG VERIFIED™ program, click here.
4 fl oz. (USD $15.00)